Waco Family Law
Name Change
Child Support
Child Custody
Name Change
Juvenile Justice
About Us
Family Code Chapter 45 deals with Change of Name petitions. In addition to changing your name as part of a divorce/annulment/suit to declare marriage void, you can petition the court to change your name and that of a minor child. Certain people, except convicted felons and those who are registered sex offenders, are entitled to change their name within the discretion of the court.
A name change, of course, does not work to cancel debts or other problems incurred under the previous name.
Please realize the information contained on this web site should not be construed as legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is simply here as a means for me to provide you some basic information for you to use when deciding on whether or not you need to hire an attorney. Because each case is different, it would be impossible for us to provide legal advice on a web site.
Name Change Intake Sheet
Gary Cunha, P.C., Attorney and Counselor at Law
P.O. Box 518, Hewitt, TX 76643